Friday, December 16

My Gentle Giant

Five years ago today I married my best friend and I'm still madly in love with him. I still don't feel grown-up enough to have a husband, let alone two beautiful daughters too!!


We have crammed so much into the last five years, including moving twice (once internationally), applying to do mission with MAF UK, having the girls (one in the UK, one in the States) and already being three years into our eleven year commitment with MAF ... to name just a few.

It sounds cheesy but I'm more in love with my hubby now than I was on that day five years ago ... which I didn't think was possible at the time! I may have waited almost 30 years to find him but now life without him is really not an option! The longest time we've spent apart since we first met on September 24th 2005 was a week ... after just a month of dating, on a prearranged holiday, otherwise we've seen each other every day but one since then! 

The whole of that previous paragraph would have sounded way too soppy to me 10 years ago ... now I find myself writing it ... doh!! That's what love does to you I suppose. Every year on our anniversary I write Mark a letter ... not because I need to but because I want to. I tell him everything he means to me that I may or may not remember to do in the daily routines of life. I mention things that have happened in the past year that have made us grow closer and closer together and how proud I am of him and all he's doing (especially now with his training at MMS). It's something I intend to do all throughout our lives together as it gives me a chance to reflect and really appreciate how much he means to me and gives him a chance to know exactly how much I love him. Definitely a family tradition worth keeping!

I consider myself a very lucky girl to have such a thoughtful, gentle giant by my side for all the adventures that we've had so far and all that are still yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment