Friday, August 30

Three in the Bed!

Once again 'hats off' to all those single parents out there! I had my munchkins for just two nights and missed the teamwork that we manage as a couple! Mark has been away sitting exams in Dar Es Salaam. Sadly, for just an hour or two of exams it takes a whopping three days. One day there, one for the exams and one back!

The first morning without Daddy found three in the bed and the second morning, two ... but that was still one too many! I love my girlies but since moving to Tanzania having a child-free night is still a novelty. I know that they are settling into the rhythm and life, it is still all relatively new but I would be lying if I said I wasn't waiting for that 'I don't want to get out of bed' phase to start!!

Another addition to the equation is that we removed the side of Naomi's cot several week's ago (What a big girl!), so she can potentially get in and out on her own! Ironically, she has only actually climbed out to come and find us a couple of times and she has even lasted for a higher percentage of 'all-nighters' too, so we are moving in the right direction, even if it is very very slowly!!


Exuding patience to deal with the nighttime madness is not something that I can say we're always very good at! When our brains are fried anyway with the extra information we're processing, we're normally wiped out! And yet it's one of the rites of passage of parenthood that I'm sure all parents can understand! We may not make the wisest choices at times like that but we make the ones that enable us to survive and make it to another day ... and that's OK!

Luckily we have an enormous bed right now which means that it isn't a total squash if we are joined in the middle of the night (and without Mark here we had ample room), but both the girls definitely make their presence known, Fidget. Fidget. Fidget. I'm really hoping this 'phase' doesn't last forever!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment