Tuesday, May 15

Thirty Years of Friendship

Today I've enjoyed a girlie day with Rachel, my longest standing friend of all time. We've been best buddies since we were about 4 years old and next month I turn 35!! She knows me, warts and all and whether we're in touch once a week, once a month or even less often ... we always pick up where we left off, as if it was only yesterday that we last saw each other. Friendships that last a lifetime like that are few and far between and super special!


Over the years we've lived everywhere from the next road to each other, to completely different continents. We're both married with children now but when we get together it's as if we're still the two little girls that used to hang out all the time and just have fun!

This last week, Rachel left her hubby and kids for the second time since we've lived in Ohio and came out to visit me (and my family). We fitted in lots of fun and lots of catching up. I even got time off from 'mummy duties', an evening off last week and the day off today, thanks to my hubby, so I could have some real girlie time with Rach. I can't believe I dropped her off at the airport this afternoon and she's already on a plane home again as I write this.

'Mummy time' away from the kiddos is so important. Time to rejuvenate and refresh and most likely become a better mum as a result. Lots of mum's feel guilty about needing or wanting a bit of time to themselves and find it hard to work out ways to make it work too. It's a real treat for me as it's not something I get to do very often. To get that time with one of my best buddies this week has been even more of a treat for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment