Saturday, May 12

My Last MOPS Meeting

This morning was my last session at our local MOPS group. As the school year finishes in May here, it was the last one before the summer break. While our family should still be here in Coshocton until December, Abigail will be in school on Friday morning's for the Autumn term and the timing won't work out for me to attend the monthly MOPS meetings.

I have learned lots from the ladies at MOPS I have met over the last three years. Whether it be parenting tips, where to get my hair cut, new recipes, places to take the kids, American cultural differences and so much more. As well as finding Abigail new playmates, I have also made some really good friends of my own who I'm sure I will stay in touch with for years to come, long after we've moved away to another continent.

One play-date we had this year, the mum had prepared some dough in advance and after playing for a while, the kids had fun making pizza rolls ... and even more fun eating them for lunch. They were delicious and it was definitely one recipe I wasn't going to leave the States without getting. We've had them a few times since at home, including when we had friends round for Naomi's birthday. Abigail's loves both making and eating them! The recipe is below.


Makes 15-20 dough balls ...
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons yeast
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 3 Tablespoons olive oil
  • Pepperoni
  • Grated Mozzarella
  • Butter
  • Garlic salt
  1. Put the first 5 ingredients into a bread maker and use dough setting (mine takes 1hr 50mins)
  2. Roll out small handfulls of dough into a circle shape
  3. Put 3-4 slices of pepperoni and a small handful of mozzarella into the centre, fold up the edges and place folded side down on a baking tray.
  4. Bake for about 20 mins (or if the cheese starts coming out a bit less) at 350 degrees
  5. While hot brush each top with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt
  6. Serve and enjoy!
Realistically you can put any filling in them ... pepperoni and mozzarella is a very American pizza choice. Also, you can put some kind of tomato sauce in with them or have it on the side as dipping sauce ... or not have it at all! We serve them with salad and I have been known to eat 5 in one sitting!! (Oops!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment