Wednesday, August 22

Happy Anniversary!

Was yesterday's blog post missing? Yes and No!! Today marks exactly one year since my first post as 'The Missionary Mum', with Who Am I?. So, I thought I'd delay a day, to write on the first anniversary of my blogging adventure! One year, over 150 posts later and with readers from 10 different countries, I'm still going!


Some people have asked me why I 'waste my time' writing this when I could be doing other things. Others have written and thanked me for recipes or words of encouragement that I have written at exactly the right time in their lives ... or just for keeping them up-to-date with what's going on in our lives as a family from a slightly different point of view than the Beckwith's Big Adventure family blog does! 

Thank you to those who enjoy it and for those of you I have got to know a little bit more in the process of writing it! Thank you to those of you who have become and remained supporters of us as a family in mission, as a direct result of the blogging! Thank you for letting me have a little outlet, when sometimes days as a stay-at-home mum can be a little dull and mundane ... yes, even for missionaries!!

I have also realised over this last year, that I have many friends who are missionary mum's too. They are literally based all over the world, some blog and some don't. I thought it would be nice to have a guest spot once a month  ... for some of them to input either something fun, yummy, inspiring, helpful (the list goes on!) about their stories of life as a missionary mum too. 

So, watch this space for a little more variety in the months to come and let me know if there's anything else you want to read!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a mum nor a missionary but a soon to be OAP, but I have enjoyed your postings and hope you will continue them when you get to Tanzania.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Missionary Mum24 August 2012 at 17:57

      Thanks Rick ;o) Really pleased to hear you're enjoying them!

      Delete