Monday, August 22

Who Am I?

What springs to mind when you say the word 'Missionary'?

To me ... it's a little, almost-retired spinster, with her long hair either swirled in an eternal bun or in a gradually thinning plait, wearing home-made clothes in a flower print that should have been burned when it was first fabricated many decades earlier, playing either a well-loved guitar or a tambourine with faded ribbon tassels!! Seriously ... that's the image that springs into my head!!

How then do I find myself in my early 30's, married, a 'yummy mummy' with two young daughters, completing forms with the title 'Missionary' under the heading 'occupation'? (And have been for a few years now!) It does blow my mind sometimes ... but I know I'm exactly where I'm meant to be!!

Life is a learning process ... and changing cultures, becoming a mum to daughters born on different continents and making our family house, 'home' wherever we live in the world are just some of the challenges that are part of my day-to-day routine. Hopefully I'll be able to share little nuggets of that as my journey continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment