Saturday, December 29

20/20 Vision

When I was little, various different friends had to have braces on their teeth, crutches when they broke their legs or glasses because they were either long/short sighted. In a funny sort of way I found myself a little envious and really longed to have all three, braces, crutches and glasses!!! Strange what you wish for when you're young!

Today I went for an eye-test at a local opticians. Not because I thought I needed new glasses but because it's been three years since my last check-up and I just wanted to see how my eyes were doing.

About 10 years ago I was getting headaches with too much computer work and when I was doing any sewing type stuff where I had to concentrate. Getting glasses made such a difference ... my whole face relaxed, I just hadn't realised that I had been straining all the time.

Over the last couple of years I've found that I haven't needed my glasses so much. To the point where, I honestly can't remember the last time I wore them! I didn't know if I just haven't been concentrating as much or if by some miracle I didn't need them anymore. Glasses and little people don't mix well so not having to wear them would definitely be a bonus!

It was a really pleasant surprise today, to find that my eyes had actually improved and that I officially don't need to wear glasses anymore (which would explain why I was doing so well without them!). One less thing to worry about for me and one less expense for us to have to pay out on. One way to save money on a missionary budget ... have your eyes fix themselves!!

It's a relief to know that I won't need glasses for a while and that to-date I haven't needed braces or crutches either! I can't imagine the logic in wanting any of those things when I was little ... but maybe that just comes from having a 'grown-up' perspective now!

I would have included a photo of me wearing my glasses (that I don't need anymore!) but I couldn't find one ... it's been that long since I've worn them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment